- This event has passed.
Apollo 11 50th Anniversary: Open Day at BIS HQ
21st July 2019 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
The British Interplanetary Society opens its HQ to the public for a tour that will include:
– a talk describing the Apollo 11 mission in various technical details, plus a brief history of the BIS,
– a turn at our Lunar Landing Simulator to experience the final phases of Apollo 11 landing,
– a tour of our facilities, including our extensive world-renowned library,
– a display of Apollo original photos, documents and technical schematics,
– a show of original space art depicting some of the World’s first serious design concepts for spaceflight and space habitation.
In this event no technical detail will be hidden, we will explain what really happened during the Apollo 11 landing, why landing on the Moon was seen as the most challenging flying activity in history, which were the most critical phases of the mission, and much more.
Due to safety-related limitations, the event is scheduled in four tours lasting one hour and 45 minutes. As we are a self-funded registered charity (no.250556), we would ask visitors for a suggested voluntary contribution of £10 each for adults, with FREE entry for children/under-21s.
To register check the EventBrite link or email email@example.com to reserve directly or for any queries.